300g Dried Linguine
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Shallots, Finely Diced
2 Large Garlic Cloves, Minced Or Finely Chopped
1 Large Red Chilli, Deseeded And Finely Chopped (Leave The Seeds In If You Prefer Hotter)
1 Punnet Of Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
2 Tbsp Crème Fraiche
Zest and Juice Of 2 Limes.
A Handful Of Fresh Basil Leaves
100g Baby Spinach Leaves
50g Of Grated Parmesan, Plus More for Garnish.
2 Teaspoons of Sugar.
Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to Season
- 1. Boil 4L of salted water with a splash of olive oil in it.
- 2.Cook the linguine in the water for 8-12 minutes or until cooked.
- 3.Cut the woody ends off the asparagus and slice into 2-inch pieces, leaving the tips whole. Boil in salted water for 1-3 minutes until soft and cool immediately in cold water, drain and set aside.
- 4.Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the shallots and cook until soft, add the garlic and continue to fry for 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to let it brown.
- 5.Add the asparagus, cherry tomatoes, chilli, lime, crème fraiche and bring pan to a simmer.
- 6.Stir in the spinach, parmesan, sugar and ¾ of the basil leaves.
- 7. Add the linguine, season with salt and cracked black pepper if required and serve into pasta bowls, tear the remaining basil over the top along with extra grated parmesan cheese.