We know it should be simple...but it isn't. If you're like most people, cooking rice can be really hit and miss. Sometimes it's sticky, sometimes it's tasteless and sometimes it's spot on...but never twice in a row, did you notice that?
Well, never fear! Here's our handy guide on how you can cook rice perfectly at home every time:
1. Find a measuring device (ideally a mug or cup)
2. Put one cup of rice into a sieve and rinse until the water runs clear
3. Place the rice into a sauce pan with two cups of cold water
4. Bring the water to the boil and cook until the rice softens and most of the water has been absorbed (the packet will always give a rough indication if you need some reassurance)
5. Drain off any excess water and season with salt and pepper, stir through